Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Professor Clark,

I was running late to class but as I cranked the key in the ignition, I discovered my car battery's deader'n a gay marriage bill in the Oklahoma legislature. So, now I'm just absent. I understand we do not have class Thursday due to advisement. I will email you this week the unorganized mess of prose and notes that is my feature-so-far.

You'll notice I'm not as far in actual for-print writing as I'd hoped. I have been dealing with an intense and intensely frustrating bout of writer's block and not just on this story. I literally sat down a week from last Thursday to work on some creative ad writing for my business and found I just could not come up w/anything. I switched to my feature story and then my film script, both with the same result. I was able to write non-creatively (tests, business memos, etc) but nothing requiring any amount of formative thought. I tried every trick I know in the book to pull myself out of it. Nothing worked until this past Sunday when an idea for another film slowly crept into my head over the period of about an hour. I started scribbling and soon found myself moving onto the ad and my feature story. So, I'm back on track but late as usual.

Sorry, again, for missing class today. If it makes it any better just know I'll be on my porch, whiskey in hand and computer on the lap, sculpting the ramblings of a stoned trainrider into an explorative essay on one man's idea of freedom.


-ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment